• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using clamav and spamassassin on virtuozzo environments

A

accend

I'm wondering if the spamassassin and clamav solution from ART might work on Virtuozzo envirnoments.

I just got a new server with Virtuozzo technology (instead of my traditional "normal" servers). It uses RHES3 as a Host OS and i'm using RHAS 3 OS templates for the Virtual Environments (VE).

For those who are not familiar with Virtuozzo VE here's a list of things to bare in mind:

- Virtuozzo environments are based on "application templates". These templates include updates to Plesk and other applications such as PSA-Spamassassin, PSA-Drweb.

- There is NO up2date or yum in VE as they are based on OS or APPLICATION templates. Running something like this would 'break' the template.

- SWSoft periodically releases updates to these templates which contain updates to different apps such as PSA and other components.

- There's a few tools to update the installed templates (which contain the applications), which in turn updates the applications installed on a VE.

- You can build your own application templates.

- You can also install separate applications without using virtuozzo templates.

Few questions:

1) Has anyone tried installing the spam/av solution without the use of up2date or yum?

2) Im not sure if ART's solution can be ported to a virtuozzo template.

Thanks,

Back