• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using Third Party Applications With PHP on Plesk Server

P

PPlan

Hi, I've recently been trying to set up some software on my server and it relies on extra applications being installed on the server (like 7zip, imagemagick, ffmpeg etc) and php seems to be having trouble communicating with these applications.

The reason I post this here is because I think our Plesk installation could be interfering with this. The server has two versions of PHP installed, one in the C:/ drive root, the other within plesk. Php pages will only run if the handler mappings are set to use the version within plesk, but this php version won't run any of the applications I have installed and I get a lot of 502 errors.

I installed these applications using remote desktop and they're installed in the C:/ drive root. The software is configured with the paths to where the applications are installed, but plesk's php won't run them.

For applications to work with plesk's php do they need to be configured through plesk somehow or do they need to be installed within the plesk directories?

The server is Windows Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5

Thanks

Back