• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Version MariaDB and NGINX

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
I will upgrade my server from Ubuntu 18.*.LTS+Plesk to Ubuntu 20.*.LTS+Plesk Obsidian. When I've setup my current server some time ago Plesk delivered a MariDB with Version less 1.3 and Nginx did not come with "Brotli" support. So I installed Nginx-ee and a MariDB with version 1.3 by myself. However, can sombody tell me the current versions of Nginx and MariaDB which come with present Plesk Obsidian?

MariaDB is not delivered by Plesk but needs to be installed in your operating system. You can use MariaDB up to version 10.5. Nginx comes with Plesk and is probably 1.20.1, but it may depend on the repository that your operating system uses to deploy software.

What @Peter Debik said ^^
If it's of any help for you; We an the upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04.* LTS / Plesk Obsidian to Ubuntu 20.04.* LTS / Plesk Obsidian mainly using The Plesk Migrator Extension, just over 11 months ago. You can see the current spec, in my forum signature below, but if you're going to do the same / similar thing, have a few 'practice' goes at it first (it's easy enough with two different IONOS Cloud Servers / Use of different IP addresses / Full DNS Control / The ability to restore the Target Cloud Server via a full Pre-Migration Snapshot Image etc ) just to see, what errors will surface, because there will definitely be more than you think there might be! ;) The MariaDB upgrade needs quite a bit of care and attention to get it right, but it's covered in great depth in THIS Plesk Support Document and all of the many comments that follow the main article itself. If in doubt, ask for Plesk Support assistance in advance... Not half way through your migration :p

I have managed now to install the current version of Plesk Obsidian and Ubuntu 20.04.LTS. The versions of nginx and MariaDB are:
Server version: 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 Ubuntu 20.04
nginx version: nginx/1.20.1

I have managed now to install the current version of Plesk Obsidian and Ubuntu 20.04.LTS. The versions of nginx and MariaDB are:
Server version: 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 Ubuntu 20.04
nginx version: nginx/1.20.1
Great! You're on the home straight now then!
Plesk has just been upgraded to 18.0.39. Presumably that's the version you're on now?
Ubuntu is on 20.04.3 LTS & you do have the option of using the HWE stack (if you want to use the 5.11 Kernel instead of the default 5.4 Kernel) although I think that some ISO's provided 202.04 LTS and beyond, using the HWE stack by default, so you'll need to check with your supplier as/when you upgrade.
MariaDB you're now on 10.3.* but you could upgrade to 10.5.* going via the article with the link in post #3 above (if you want to)
There's quite a few changes between Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS, so it's probably worth checking on those too, before you move on ;)

I tried the instructions on upgrading to MariaDB 10.5 from 10.3 on the Ubuntu installation.

Went through all the steps, and ended up with — MariaDB 10.3.

So can I have a basic 1-2-3-4, etc. set of directions of what I missed.

Running latest Plesk 18.0.39, etc.

Peace,
Gene

OK, I see the problem. The link provided in Step 3 to obtain the distribution is wrong when configured for version 10.5. The site gives a 404.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discovered. Can someone post a correction?

Peace,
Gene

Back