1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Version numbers and the AutoUpdater

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by pstechnology, Dec 29, 2005.

1. pstechnology

pstechnology Guest

My plesk box (running 7.5.4) was showing that there was an update available. I took a look at the release notes on the latest hotfix and they looked fairly serious since the version number by box was reperting (7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12)

The Updater was showing that there was updates available for the base packages. So I thought it wise to apply those updates.

I got an email from the autoupdater saying that :

/PSA_7.5.4/rpm_RedHat_9/base/psa-hotfix4-7.5.4-rh9.build75051209.16.i586.rpm
    - installed
    /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/updater/psa-autoinstaller-2.0.0-rh9.build75050906.11.i586.rpm
    - installed

Right

So I checked in the components area, and the PSA version number is still 7.5.4-rh9.build75050824.12, even after rebooting he server.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

2. pstechnology

pstechnology Guest

Whats even stranger....

After leaving it 24 hours I thought maybe Plesk might automatically refresh the Component Info screen. It doesn't.

But, If I go into any client , then click on report, it shows that the PSA version is....

wait for it....

psa v7.5.4_build75051209.16 os_RedHat 9

mmmmmm :confused:

So the update did work?

At least I kind of have an answer. :cool: