1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

vhost.conf with a subdomain?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by acidbox, Jan 7, 2006.

1. acidbox

acidbox Guest

I have a vhost.conf configuration for a subdomain that is not working for some reason.

After adding the changes, to: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/test/conf/vhost.conf

I have tried to run the following commands:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=test.mydomain.com

AND

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=mydomain.com

Then I restarted apache.

Still, the changes do not take. I AM able to successfully configure a regular domain with the vhost.conf file, but for some reason, subdomains do not recognize these changes.

I've added some very basic things to the conf file like <Location> tags and Aliases, but when i try to access the path I have specified, it just gives a 404 error. I can use these same directives in a regular domain's vhost.conf and they work as expected.

Is there something special I need to do to get this to work? It seems like it should be so simple.

Thanks.

2. acidbox

acidbox Guest

Nothing eh?

3. spandox

spandox Guest

the second one is the key:
    Code:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=mydomain.com
    Just do that and restart apache

Just make use toy spelled everything right