• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

vhost.conf with a subdomain?

A

acidbox

I have a vhost.conf configuration for a subdomain that is not working for some reason.

After adding the changes, to: /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/test/conf/vhost.conf

I have tried to run the following commands:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=test.mydomain.com

AND

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=mydomain.com

Then I restarted apache.

Still, the changes do not take. I AM able to successfully configure a regular domain with the vhost.conf file, but for some reason, subdomains do not recognize these changes.

I've added some very basic things to the conf file like <Location> tags and Aliases, but when i try to access the path I have specified, it just gives a 404 error. I can use these same directives in a regular domain's vhost.conf and they work as expected.

Is there something special I need to do to get this to work? It seems like it should be so simple.

Thanks.

the second one is the key:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=mydomain.com

Just do that and restart apache

Just make use toy spelled everything right

Back