• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question vhost php session location

Ahmad12

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

when i'm using the default php session location for webserver php 7.0.8, i'm getting session issue for magento, so what the correct session path?

Regards,

Hi Ahmad12,

your domain/subdomain - specific PHP - settings can be set at

Home > Subscriptions > example.com > Websites & Domains > PHP Settings

The standart "session.save_path" is based on the depending PHP - handler "php.ini", which is in your case located at "/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini", which can be as well edited over the Plesk Control Panel at:

Home > Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > Settings for 7.0.8 CGI application
( !!! Note !!! : "This php.ini file is also used by the following PHP handlers: 7.0.8 FastCGI application, 7.0.8 FPM application. The settings apply to all websites that use these handlers." )​

that is right and clear, the default session path is: /var/lib/php/session, the issue that the installed application (magento 2) has denied permission to the session location

Hi Ahmad12,

there are very, very few information and that leaves space only for guessings.

You don't include your operating system, you don't include your Plesk version ( incl. MU ), you don't include log - files, you don't include configurations files, you don't include, how you installed Magento 2 ( version number ?!? ) and you don't include as well WHERE you experienced the issue/problem/failure, so it might be reproduced by people willing to help you. It is as well a good idea to tryout different browser, to ensure, that neither the browser, nor your browser settings are the root cause of your issue.

I can only recommend to use the FORUM SEARCH, where you should find several threads, which might help you:

https://talk.plesk.com/search/search?&keywords="/var/lib/php/session"

Thank you UFHH01, I've no issue only since the defualt session path on plesk php is "/var/lib/php/session" where no application is working since only root user has access, it is working for me when I'm changing that path to a path where my application user has access.

anyway, it is only a question on a public forum.

i'm using latest plesk "12.5.30 Update #40" installed on centos 7 and magento 2.1 istalled using plesk application pool.

Regards..

Back