• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

vhosts location

P

paul.fisher

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the vhost path on a go forward basis rather then try and use the move vhost location with plesks tool.

Tar

Go to Plesk reconfigurator then click on the Change Virtual Host location...

Hope this helps..
Nooblet

Thanks but that is what i have tried. It firstly doesn't copy the permissions over on the folders (although i can get around that) but it also fails to copy everything. It complains that there is not enough disk space which is not the case.

I was just hoping i let plesk to put new web sites onto a different disk and leave the current ones where they are..

cheers

Unfortunatelly all vhosts should be placed to the same place - c:\inetpub\vhosts in case of default installation.

However Reconfigurator utility can move your domains to a new location, even to another HDD and permissions can be reset by the same Reconfigurator tool. However, if there were some manually set permissions, then they will be cleared and set to the default.

So if there is a lack of space on drive C:, just add a new HDD and move vhosts there.

Back