• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Vhosts Plesk 12.5.30 not working

Rbm

New Pleskian
Dear Experts,

I have a question (googled and searched this forum extensively) regarding hosting multiple websites on my plesk server. I'm using Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #55. I'm trying to run multiple websites on my plesk server which internally uses vhosts of apache but somehow the server doesn't seem to respond and only shows the default webpage of plesk. When I change the default page to the website it works fine (but I can only host one website).

The strange thing is that I tried to test everything locally (which I normally do with a manual configuration of apache (by adding e.g. the website "blaat.nl" to my /etc/hosts file with the ip 127.0.0.1. When I use the tool elinks in the terminal I see the default webpache of apache (?) in stead of the correct website or instead of the default webpage of plesk which I see on my laptop.

The output the apache2ctl -S is posted below. I don't think I made a mistake with my configuration.

Hopefully someone has any ideas to further troubleshoot this problem.

Sincerely,

Ruben

ps. Im now forwarding a subdomain to the Plesk server but I assume this isn't the problem because testing the server locally doesn't seem to work as well?

root@h2639256:~# apache2ctl -S

VirtualHost configuration:

85.214.142.223:443 is a NameVirtualHost

default server redcap.academicresearch.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/redcap.academicresearch.nl.conf:10)

port 443 namevhost redcap.academicresearch.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/redcap.academicresearch.nl.conf:10)

alias www.redcap.academicresearch.nl

alias ipv4.redcap.academicresearch.nl

port 443 namevhost default-85_214_142_223 (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:93)

port 443 namevhost lists (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:151)

wild alias lists.*

port 443 namevhost blaat.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/blaat.nl.conf:10)

alias www.blaat.nl

alias ipv4.blaat.nl

85.214.142.223:80 is a NameVirtualHost

default server redcap.academicresearch.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/redcap.academicresearch.nl.conf:125)

port 80 namevhost redcap.academicresearch.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/ip_default/redcap.academicresearch.nl.conf:125)

alias www.redcap.academicresearch.nl

alias ipv4.redcap.academicresearch.nl

port 80 namevhost default (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:60)

port 80 namevhost lists (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf:126)

wild alias lists.*

port 80 namevhost blaat.nl (/etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/blaat.nl.conf:123)

alias www.blaat.nl

alias ipv4.blaat.nl

*:80 h2639256.stratoserver.net (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)

ServerRoot: "/etc/apache2"

Main DocumentRoot: "/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs"

Main ErrorLog: "/var/log/apache2/error.log"

Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults

Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults

Mutex authdigest-client: using_defaults

Mutex fcgid-proctbl: using_defaults

Mutex ssl-stapling: using_defaults

Mutex proxy: using_defaults

Mutex ssl-cache: using_defaults

Mutex default: dir="/var/lock/apache2" mechanism=fcntl

Mutex mpm-accept: using_defaults

Mutex fcgid-pipe: using_defaults

Mutex authdigest-opaque: using_defaults

PidFile: "/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid"

Define: DUMP_VHOSTS

Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG

Define: ENABLE_USR_LIB_CGI_BIN

User: name="www-data" id=33

Group: name="www-data" id=33

You should not configure this manually, but from within your plesk panel.

You should add a subscription and a domain from within the admin panel, not by manually changing hostfiles on the server.

Thanks. For your answer. This is what I did and it is not working. I did not edit in anyway these files manually. I now post the configuration files because I would like to debug this problem. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

Could it possibly have anything todo with the fact that im forwarding the subdomain to this plesk server?

Although testing my vhosts locally by editing /etc/hosts also shows the default apache webpage and not the correct webpage. Thanks in advance.

I just updated to the last verison of plesk (Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17) although the problem still persists does anybody have any idea how I can proceed with troubleshooting?

Back