• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

virtual directories pointing outside web root

R

rimonline

I am trying to move some websites over to a new Windows 2000 SP4 Plesk 7 server and am running into a problem. Currently on our old server we have a common directory of ASP files outside webserver root that many of the sites pull from with a virtual directory linkage and include statements.

Is this type of setup possible in a Plesk environment? Because there is a set of code that we do not want clients to gain access to via FTP.

Any help would greatly be appreciative.

Thanks,

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media Inc.

Virtual directories work fine. You just need to manually set them up within IIS.

Gotcha,

I wasn't sure because in the plesk virtual directory screen it showed as an error with a red circle and "x" in the middle if I remember correctly. And also when I tried to view the site, I was getting 403.1 errors saying I am trying to run a script that I don't have permission to. I assumed they were related.

I'm still getting the 403.1 errors that say:

HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden
Internet Information Services

but I have a trouble ticket open on that, so hopefully Plesk support can help me out with that.

Thanks a bunch for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it.

Scott

Hy,

can you post your answer from swsoft-support?

I have the same problem, we have a many virtual directories it shows out of web-root and it makes many problems!

---

sincerely,

Peter