• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question VPS Ram increases until website crashes

quintonn

New Pleskian
I have a Windows 2016 VPS with GoDaddy and it has Plesk on it.
Previously it had 4GB of RAM and the used memory would slowly grow until it got to 100% usage and the website/server would crash. Or maybe just plesk.
But then the only solution was to restart the server.
This happened twice, so I upgraded to 32GB of RAM to be sure there is enough.
I am only running a .Net website and SQL express.
Both are only using about 250MB of RAM as per task manager.
And then of course I have plesk installed.
And even now the RAM is growing by about 1% every 9 hours. It got to over 60% when I had to restart last time.
After the restart it sites at about 10%, which seems the correct level for me.

If i look at task manager, i can see a bunch of PHP, Python and PowerShell processes running the whole time and it looks like new ones are being created the whole time with old ones being killed or dying. Many of these looks like they might be scheduled tasks as it seems that is how Plesk has been put together.

I've asked this same question on ServerFault.

I have installed all the latest plesk and windows updates.

My website is not complicated and I've got it running on other places (with plesk too) on 2GB of RAM on shared hosting plans. But having said this, I have noticed that I would get notifications from my Pingdom notifications that my websites do go down from time to time for about 5min at a time. So it is possible this is happening there also and it takes the website 5min to restore.

On a previous website, my IIS website once went over the allowed memory usage on a shared plan and GoDaddy locked that website/account and I was never able to recover it and I just moved it somewhere else because I am so tired of trying to explain to GoDaddy that my simple asp.net website is not using 2GB of RAM.

Please, please help

To test, I would suggest that you try the following:
  1. Open the file panel.ini located in the folder %plesk_dir%admin\conf\ in any text editor.
    • If the panel.ini file does not exist, create it by copying the sample configuration file panel.ini.sample.
  2. Add the following lines at the end of the file:
    Code:
    [performance]
    unlimitedMemoryForCli = off
Please let me know if it helps.

To test, I would suggest that you try the following:
  1. Open the file panel.ini located in the folder %plesk_dir%admin\conf\ in any text editor.
    • If the panel.ini file does not exist, create it by copying the sample configuration file panel.ini.sample.
  2. Add the following lines at the end of the file:
    Code:
    [performance]
    unlimitedMemoryForCli = off
Please let me know if it helps.
Only 1 tab shows the increased usage all the other remain relatively static. ... browser sessions before becoming Memory-Choked or an occasional crash. ... In addition when I scroll down a webpage the screen turns to a blank .
What should I do?

Back