• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Want to install Joomla. Wrong version of PHP. Can't allow SSH... Getting cross.....

FionaW

New Pleskian
Hello All.

I'm new to Plesk - I've inherited a web site for a local social club so have just been handed login and password. I believe I have version 11.0.9 and as I can see mention of an Apache webserver I'm guessing its linux.

So - I want to redesign and use Joomla so I can share the content updating with others.

I can't install Joomla as I have PHP 5.1 and need 5.3. I have no 'server' or any sort of option I can find (and I've looked everywhere!) to find a command line or somewhere I can run things.

When I try to allow SSH access the option says Forbidden and there is no option to change it.

I have 'owner' rights - so don't think that is the issue.

If anyone has any ideas that might stop me throwing things around and resigning.... I'd really appreciate that!

Thanks,

Fee

Last edited:
Also - I can't see any sort of 'about' to give me a clue as to what I'm actually using here. How would I know if this is plesk panel or a container?

thanks,

Back