• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WARNING: Plesk Backups and backup utilities Not WORK

R

rr1024

Okay Parallels and Pesky Plesk. Yet another totally unhappy customer. Plesk needs a RECALL

Here is why
I just found out doing a backup of my site and domains does NOT WORK at ALL and WILL NEVER work for anyone using Pesky Plesk.

Why doesn't the backups work?
Because Pesky Plesk took it uppon them selves to create a NONE STANDARD COMPRESSION method.

That is right people, if you download/copy/ftp a backup or copy of a backup from your site of the CONTENT YOU OWN! You can not open the file and unzip it with any known archive script.
WinZip - does not work
WinRar - does not work
You can not decompress the backup in any way shape for form

This is incomprehensable, unimanageable who the hell do you people think you are? Plesk is the most MORONIC software ever to be created for any data management system.

I highly recommend EVERYONE USING PLESK call their host tell them to find another management system, one that works normally oh like lets say Cpanel.

Don't worry if you erase this message because I will be posting it on every single BB system on the internet unless you fix this problem ASAP you have 30 days from the date of this message. If I don't see a bug fix in which ALL backups in Pesky Plesk are done and a standard archive format I'll make Pesky Plesk MISSION!

Everyone should call their hosts and forcing them to change management software I have already called sales manager.

The person to take two is your sales / account manager, not the tech/support guys...with this kind of problem tech/support can't do anything......but believe me the sales guys can because now we will be taking money directly out of their pockets.

Well that's a great idea, oh wait my dumps area already larger than 2gig...darn....but geee maybe they should think about doing the write thing and use the OS's zip formats?

Funny how cPanel has alread thought about this problem and a one click download in a standard file format with all the directories and dbs...amazing.... and it is not dependent on the size of your site.

Doesn't seem funny that people on a VPS machine are there for a reason, because they out grew standard hosting. Kinda makes sense that they probably need more than 200Mb..

OMG....did you read all that stuff I now have to do just to get a backup in plesk, if I'm below 200Mb....wow that's kind of a lot compared to cPanel which is one Icon click and boom it downloads the entire site....Now that is what I call useful.

I'm not here to debug your software for you, I do NOT have time to figure out new configurations for things that should be one click easy and simple..... Plesk is eating up all my time and I'm spending NO time on my customers....I can not make that any clearer for you.

Plesk backups do work. I've seen situations where they didn't, but it wasn't a big deal - I either had another backup file or an alternative backup. Just took a bit of extra time.

There is no such thing as a single "control panel" technology that will allow you to setup a server in a start-and-forget scenario. It is also prudent to run more than one kind of backup system, because I've had entire server backups (that weren't plesk) completely bomb - but again there was always an alternative backup available.

Back