• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue warning: read TCP map reply from 127.0.0.1:12346: unexpected EOF (Connection timed out)

Jmackenz315

New Pleskian
The error :

warning: read TCP map reply from 127.0.0.1:12346: unexpected EOF (Connection timed out)

Started showing up today. Mail gets locked up and cant send when it occurs. Restarting the service gets it working for about 5 minutes.

Tried the Turning off SRS with -s switch, issue re-occurred, and the config lines in the knowledgebase articles are fine

So far I have a cronjob restarting postfix every 4 minutes and mail seems to be flowing.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Not sure if related, but yum and autoupdate have both complained about slow downloads and timeouts

I read that KB, and the one it linked to about SRS.

The information already matched the example it said was correct, and adding the -s to the end as stated in the SRS kb made no difference after restarting the service

I posted on both KB's , the next suggestion was to check SELinux, which is disabled

I'm having the same issue but the link to the support article is broken. Is there a new URL for this article, or how do we solve this issue?

@fkento Could you please check your maillog file if they show any errors similar to these examples?

postfix/master[6397]: warning: service "smtp" (25) has reached its process limit "10": new clients may experience noticeable delays
postfix/master[6397]: warning: service "smtps" (465) has reached its process limit "10": new clients may experience noticeable delays
dovecot: master: Warning: service(imap-login): process_limit (100) reached, client connections are being dropped

In such cases the default process limit needs to be raised, e.g.

In /etc/postfix/main.cf edit the line "default_process_limit" and set a higher number, for example:
default_process_limit = 100
Then save the file and restart Postfix (service postfix restart).

Similar for Dovecot, but a different file, e.g. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/92-plesk-service-imap-login.conf, and different line:
process_limit = <set high number here>
then restart Dovecot.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not seeing either of those errors in the logs (searched for "process limit" and "process_limit"). Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Kent

I am seeing a lot of these however:

Jul 26 02:16:44 plesk postfix/spawn[6241]: warning: /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-srs: process id 6242: command time limit exceeded

There is a ton of reasons for "command time limit exceeded". One of the more common ones is that a user creates connections that are never terminated, so that Postfix stays busy and does not have time left for handling anything else. Maybe a simple "# service postfix restart" could fix that, but not the underlying cause. This could also be caused by many external connects to Postfix. In that case the solution would be to block the external, malicious IP address that is constantly trying to connect to Postfix. But there can be many more reasons. If you need assistance in finding the cause, Plesk support would be the right place to ask:

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

Back