• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

watchdog kill apache

F

FBecker

If I watchdog with apache lied starts, then it lasts no minute to watchdog apache kills. In the log files I have looked whether it has got lost, perhaps, a wrong IP in system, but negatively. the IP is correct and port also in such a way. Also the PID exists. watchdog always states apache does not run.

how can I straighten this again?

check if default website (primary IP:80) is accessible and not returns 403error , this may cause the issue sometimes. if it is ok and watchdog still does this thing, consider upgrading, many watchdog troubles are fixed since 8.2.1 and 8.3

Well I found the best way to prevent this problem.

We for example have multiple ips on our server, but 1 we have reserved for the control panel so we reconfigure the control panel to listen on port 80/443 on this ip and then apache on the rest of the ips.

Now the problem with this is you still need watchdog aka monit to be able to see both apache and the plesk control panel servers.

Somewhere I realised that watchdog/monit with plesk is configured to check for these services on the default ports but on localhost.

So all you have to do is make sure that apache listens on localhost or 127.0.0.1 port 80 and 443 and watchdog will stop killing apache every 2 minutes, might be 1 with plesk but monit's default check is every 120 seconds.

Back