• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail dns zone misconfiguration

N

nvision

Hello,

Since the beginning, we have a problem when we add a domain to our plesk installation.
Our server is behind a firewall and is located on a totally different ip address range (e.g: 192.168.100.0/24).

To force IP adresses in the domain zones of new entries, we defined a DNS zone template like:

ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
mail.<domain>. A xx.zz.66.103
webmail.<domain>. A xx.zz.66.103

So that, normaly, if we create a new domain, every DNS zone should contain the "Public IP", which is xx.zz.66.103 .

Unfortunately, what is expected does not happen.
When we add a new domain, we get some strange configuration in named configuration:

mail.my_new_domain.com. IN A xx.zz.66.103
webmail.my_new_domain.com. IN A 192.168.100.3

As you see, dns zone "mail" has been done as requested.
The problem is located on the "webmail" zone. While we expected to have a A record pointing to "xx.zz.66.103" as defined in the template, we always get a A record pointing to the internal address of our computer.

So... there is the problem. How to avoid this internal address to be used in DNS files ?

Thanks for any help,

ddm

If you have already removed any TEMPLATE records which contain the tag "<ip>", then it must be a bug in their code. Double check your template to make sure that no records exist now with the <ip> tag. You can also open a service ticket with Plesk, but they are about ready to roll out 7.5.5, so they may not do any further bug fixing in 7.5.3 or 7.5.4

I just looked again, and i'm sure that there are no "<ip>" in my templates.

only static info like xx.zz.66.103

a solution to that problem is badly needed.

Since users should be able to create domains and subdomains by themselves, it's difficult to tell them that...

"Wait untill tomorrow, our system has set a bad IP, and we have to change it for you to access to your mails"

Thanks anyway for your reply,

ddm

indeed, I already thinked at that ...
It seems that's the only thing to do while waiting for changes and/or bug fixes.

but, before doing anything, I was just hoping someone here could say to me that I was incorrectly using Plesk.

I'll submit a bug report right now.

Thanks anyway,

ddm

hi seems we are having the same issues,
i cant believe such a bug exists in the DNS template, this bug should be there for at least 5 years:)

did you find any solution to your problem? i will be glad if you share it with me

thanks

knocx

Do you still need a solution ?
I wrote two scripts for that problem.

Since I upgraded to 8.0.1, I did some more tests ... and it's still not corrected.

Yeeeeeeeeee

I'm post a bug report soon.

Back