• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail is showing 500 internal server

Jim

Basic Pleskian
I was following this tutorial to resolve the 500 internal error I get when I visit webmail.example.com
and it says:

Ensure that the '/var/www' is not a symlink to any other directory
# ls -ld /var/www
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Oct 24 11:14 www -> /mnt/data/www/
You need to remove the symlink and change the vhosts location by using the transvhosts.pl utility:
when I run the above command, it gives me this:
ls -ld /var/www
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Jun 18 02:58 /var/www
this means I have a symbolic link ? how can I delete it ? and if I delete it will it effect anything?

It is not symlink in your case. Looks like there is other reason. What about related error messages in logs?

Hi IgorG I have the same problem, horde or roundcube show me 500 internal server error. My logs say:

sucexec_log:
uid: (501/horde_sysuser) gid: (505/505) cmd: cgi_wrapper

error_log:
[Wed Dec 30 13:43:57 2015] [warn] [client xxx...] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error re ading data from FastCGI server
[Wed Dec 30 13:43:57 2015] [error] [client xxx...] Premature end of script headers: index.php
[Wed Dec 30 13:43:57 2015] [error] [client xxx...] File does not exist: /usr/share/psa-horde/favicon .ico
[Wed Dec 30 13:43:57 2015] [error] [client xxx...] File does not exist: /usr/share/psa-horde/favicon .ico

I searched and tried many solutions recommend of plesk tutorials but the problem continue. Please help me!

The problem began after a update

THX.

I also have this "internal server error" issue with both Horde and Roundcube. All other websites are working as expected.

The login page loads okay. It's when I try to login to webmail that I get the internal server error. When this was working correctly, a login would be immediate.

This problem started Thursday night. I've not updated or installed any software recently nor have I changed any settings in the last few days. This is an 8 core virtual machine with lots of disk space, lots of free memory, and lots of bandwidth with very little traffic. I've tried rebooting the server. I've tried removing and reinstalling both Horde and Roundcube.

CentOS 6.7, Plesk 12.5.30
I'm seeing these errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log:
mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds
Premature end of script headers: index.php

I'm not seeing errors in any other logs.

Any ideas what needs to be fixed or how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Back