• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail MailEnable Pro help

R

raptorconcepts

I'm currently running Plesk 7.6.1
Just installed MailEnable Pro 2.3

Mail functionality works great, but I'm having problems getting the webmail setup and configured properly. Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Installed MailEnable web service to Webmail(default) website.
2. Changed Home Directory of Webmail(default) website to the NETWebMail directory under c:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\bin\
3. Set the password for user IME_USER and made this the user under Directory Security for the Webmail(default) website

When I try to access http://webmail.mydomain.com, it takes a really long time and then eventually tells me Page Not Found.

Any suggestions on what I might try next? Thanks in advance for the help.

UPDATE:

Okay...I got it working via www.domainname.com/MEWebmail, but not as webmail.domain.com. So at least this is a start and I know it's working.

It won't let me delete anything, complaining that the Deleted Items folder isn't present, but I'm sure I can figure that one out.

Any ideas on the webmail.domain.com? Thanks.

Originally posted by raptorconcepts
UPDATE:

Okay...I got it working via www.domainname.com/MEWebmail, but not as webmail.domain.com. So at least this is a start and I know it's working.

It won't let me delete anything, complaining that the Deleted Items folder isn't present, but I'm sure I can figure that one out.

Any ideas on the webmail.domain.com? Thanks.

Have you checked IIS to make sure that the mail.domainname.com was added to the webmail(default) entry under Websites?

Your config may be different, but this is how I'm setup:

1) Open IIS
2) Double-click on the server name to open up the tree
3) Click on the Websites folder
4) Right-click on the "webmail(default)" entry and select Properties.
5) Under the Websites tab, there is an IP address setting and an Advanced button.
6) Click the Advanced button, which will bring up an Advanced Website Identification window.
7) Click the Add button.
8) Select the right IP and the right Port, usually 80, then in the host header field type, "mail.domainname.com"
9) Do the same thing if you want "webmail.domainname.com"
10) OK out of the windows and now the domain name functionality should get you to mailenable.

Let me know what happens.

Back