• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved "Webmaster" users can't see Tools & Settings and Advanced Monitoring sections?

Pinocchio

New Pleskian
Hi,

On Plesk Obsidian 18.0.36, I added a new user with Webmaster capabilities but he can't see the Tools & Settings and Advanced Monitoring sections. I tried to change his role to Administrator, still can't see them. Is this normal?

The way Plesk manages users that have full administrator access (i.e have the same permission as a Root user) is a bit weird. There are "normal" user roles, such as Webmaster and confusingly also a role named Administrator who do not have permissions to access the Tool & Settings. As you've now discovered.

If you want to create additional administrator user with actual permissions to access the Tool & Settings and manage your server you can create these trough Tools & Settings > Additional Administrator Accounts.

Back