• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmin as backend help...

A

admin123

I've found that if you install Webmin (GNU Control Panel with MANY features) as a backend - in other words to help out Plesk, it allows for many configurations like firewall, access to databases, backups, etc. Pretty nice access tools and was pretty easy to install. If I get used to this, Plesk better clean up their act or I'm switching. It's not as user friendly as plesk, but it's totally free and if you take the challenge, it can work.

Don't go futsin with too much without PSA knowing about it or it will ruin it. Many have tried it in the past.

I've been using Webmin with PLesk since the first day I installed Plesk, and if you stay out of such things as Apache settings, MySQL settings, and such that are already in Plesk, things run happy and coexist wonderfully.
The easiest thing to do is remove those modules from Webmin, just to avoid the possible risks involved.
As for accessing all the databases, I would prefer to use phpMyAdmin installed on a hidden subdomain for that purpose... too easy to mess up Plesk's configurations for MySQL through webmin.
But otherwise, Webmin is infinately superior to Plesk for firewall and general server management... somewhat depressing that you can get some better features in free opensource over a commercial product (reminds me of Linux to Windows).

Back