• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Website backup: last numeb

P

pazzo81

When i scheduled a backup for single domain, whit a web procedure i have:

Maximum number of stored backup file.

This number is

a) The max number backup
b) The max number backup but recicle it.... if I have "6" plesk create 6 backup (last 6 days) and remove the old backups?

Is possibile to have a group's change for this option? If I have 100 domains and I want to change the backup's policy is very hard works.

Hi, pazzo 81

Yes, this option tells Plesk Backup to substitute an old backup file with a new one, if there are 6 backup files already.

As for scheduling the task for many domains, here is an example, which creates a scheduled Plesk backup for a domain, throgh Comand Line:

at 3:00 /EVERY:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday "\"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\domain_bu.exe\" --backup --domain-name=eee.com --dump-file-prefix=backup1 --max-dump-files=3 --rotate-dump-files --do-not-suspend-domain"

Here it backs up the domain eee.com and sets the maimum number of backup files to 3.

when the task is created, it is saved in c:\Windows\tasks and it cannot be managed with Plesk. However, the backups can be seen through Plesk.

Unfortunately, it is not.
Actually, the Domain Administrators, or Clients are supposed to configure the per-domain backup.
If you wish to create backup of all the domains, it is easier to use the GUI Plesk Backup tool, which enables you to schedule backup of all domains.
With this full backup file you can perform a selective restore.

Back