• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Webspace user able to acces directories outside webspace

Craetive

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I notice that the users I create under a webspace have (read)access to folders outside the webspace. This is not only for SSH, but also my web applications have access to folders outside of the webspace. I thought this was already taken care of by default when creating a user for a webspace, but apparently not. The FTP users however do only have access to the webspace.

For example, if I create the domain example.com with the user test, I want the application only to have access to /var/www/vhosts/example.com. if I SSH with the test user I will start inside the /var/www/vhosts/example.com directory, but when I use cd / I see the full root content of my server. This is clearly not desirable.

Is this fixable?

Thank you in advance!

- Plesk Web Admin Edition
- Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28 Update #2
- CentOS Linux 7.8.2003
- SELinux enabled

Last edited:
Could it be possible that you have not selected the chrooted-option for SSH access, but another option like bash?

Could it be possible that you have not selected the chrooted-option for SSH access, but another option like bash?
I had indeed selected the normal bash option instead of the chrooted one. I just changed it and that fixes the problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now that I have enabled this option I notice that a lot of extra folders are being created inside the webspace. Is there a way to hide these folders?

These are the necessary folders für shell access. Why do you want to hide them from a user who has full access to the web space?

Back