• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Webspace without Domain

Anne Baum

New Pleskian
Good day everybody, I got a question.

I would like to provide web space to a customer.

The customer's domain is registered with another provider.
What do I do now?

First I create a new customer in Plesk and then I also enter the correct domain, right? Do I have to enter the IP address of the other provider under IP addresses and then refer to it, or does the domain registrar need data from me (IP and / or DNS)? And when he need Data from me, which data?

So far I have always managed the domain and web space together. So I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks a lot!

You set up the customer + domain on your Plesk server like any other domain, just without DNS service.
Then you ask the owner of the domain to point the A records of the domain to your Plesk server IP.

Thank you for your answer!
How can I deactivate DNS service? After I create a new customer with domain or while? I cant find there DNS-Setting. Here is a Screenshot of the mask for a new customer an a screenshot from dashboard after I create a new cutomer:

Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-15 Hinzufügen eines neuen Kunden - plesk - Butterbrot Kaviar - Werbeagentur.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-15 Hinzufügen eines neuen Kunden - plesk - Butterbrot Kaviar - Werbeagentur.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2020-01-15 mst-eu de - plesk - Butterbrot Kaviar - Werbeagentur.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-15 mst-eu de - plesk - Butterbrot Kaviar - Werbeagentur.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 2
You don't appear to be running any DNS service on your Plesk server or the Service Plan of your domain does not include DNS services. So in that case, for this domain, you don't have to do anything different on your Plesk. Just set up the customer + domain + hosting in Plesk and ask your customer to point his domain to your Plesk server.

If you need further information to help you understand Service Plans and DNS, please have a look here:
Understanding Service Plans and Subscriptions
Plesk Without a DNS Server

Back