• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

websrvmng very slow and apache down

Yeh I know, I have fully updated Plesk however I am still having issues with WHMCS calling the API and I think it has something todo with the websrvmng or something todo with the server restarting because it seems to time out and gives me a blank white screen!
Any ideas?

The problems you are having I have already addresses with parallels.

I have been told that the fix will be included in 10.2 which is to roll out beginning of march... so any time now.

Thank you littlefrog. I really can't wait for that! What is the best way to hear about the updates?
I assume there are no fixes in the meantime?

CentOS 5x64, Plesk 10.1.1
Linux 2.6.27.41rootserver-20091211a

I have the exact same issue.

I just upgraded from Plesk 10.0.1 to 10.1.1 and now Apache won't start and all my sites are down.

Ran this:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Got this:
"
2011-03-04T16:37:45-05:00 ERR (3): Apache config (12992746290.58409100) generation failed: Can not restart web server:
Can not restart web server:
Please fix error(s) in templates of Apache configuration and retry generating the configuration file.
"
I tried applying the Micro Update 9 using command line to no avail.

There's no updates available through the panel.

Trying to restart web server:

[root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --restart
[Fri Mar 04 16:49:36 2011] [warn] module ssl_module is already loaded, skipping
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/httpd failed to start

System error 98: Address already in use
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/httpd failed to start

System error 98: Address already in use
[root]#

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to apply the Micro Updates but the web server will still not start!

I was able to apply the Micro Updates but the web server will still not start!

Whilst i was desperatly trying to mess with my server to get it to work I had a similar issue. The way I got around it was to re copy either the original or another websrvmng into the sbin directory. Also on one website I heard something about doing something with the wrapper file. This created the same problem, so if you have touch either of these then make sure you put them back and then try running:
httpdmng --reconfigure-all
websrvmng --restart

Since upgrading to plesk 10 I have had nothing but issues, and have, as a result bought an entire new dedicated server and have migrated it all across and am STILL having problems.
Littlefrog has said in this thread that plesk will be sorting this issue in the 10.2 micro-update although I would like to know where he gets this information from!?

Best of luck! You will need it.

BTW, can you migrate from plesk 10 back to 9.5 ?

Hello,
I'm using Plesk 9.5.4
I can't make the update to 10.X for now (hosting few thousands websites on my server).
When I make domain modification or creation and Apache needs to restart :

- It restarts immediatly and dont wait restart_apache_interval
- It takes a while (up to 2 minutes) to restart.

It would be wonderfull if you could provide me a fix not requiring upgrade to 10.X .

Thanks,

Leo

I have a little fix. Well i have tested it and it works, im not sure what the knock on effects will be but maybe someone will be able to let me know if this is going to break something lol!

Here is what I did:

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin (or where ever your websrvmng is located)
mv websrvmng websrvmng1

DONE! it then allowed me to create accounts in WHMCS and get the sucessfull message. When i checked everything was created perfectly! If someone can tell me what the issue with this might be please let me know because I am using this as a fix for the moment!

Found a Fix on WHMCS forum

Someone posted this on the WHMCS forum and it worked for me.

I researched the purpose of websrvmng and it seems that it is only to give plesk the ability to call the httpd init script for start/stop/graceful/reload/and status.

Since the problem is that Plesk misues it to do hard restart s when we don't want hard restarts, I have replaced this with something that can only do graceful

So, replace your websrvmng with a perl script like this...

#!/usr/bin/perl
system("/etc/init.d/httpd graceful");

And of course chmod to 755 same persmissions and mode as previous websrvmng

Someone posted this on the WHMCS forum and it worked for me.

Yeah, I have responded on the web hosting talk website, it is a great fix for the issue regarding apache crashing, or getting a white screen or a time-out error when contacting plesk API etc. I am so thank full for this fix!

hmmm....

The problems you are having I have already addresses with parallels.

I have been told that the fix will be included in 10.2 which is to roll out beginning of march... so any time now.

March is pretty much over....
Any word on this?

Did you try already published pre-release of 10.2? Did you read Release Notes of 10.2 regarding this problem?

No. I cant install this pre-release on my production machine.
Is it possible to get a copy of just the new websrvmng?

Not sure that it will work correctly on your server. Final 10.2 release will be very soon.

Upgraded to 10.2 but still have problem

I am still having the issue with websrvmng being slow after I upgraded to 10.2.
The /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng file size is 62K. Does that seem like the right size?

Yes, it is correct size:
# ll /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 63336 Mar 31 11:09 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng

We're still having this on a current install of 10.2; on servers with 100+ sites it can take up to 5 minutes for the web server to become operational again. If I am on the server watching it with ps -ef I can see it restarting apache repeatedly as it if has to restart apache after a change on each site and cycles through every single site restarting apache over and over.

Problem returns after upgrade to 10.3.1

After upgrading to 10.3.1 apache restart is very slow and API with WHMCS is broken again.
Any ideas?

Back