• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Weird error condition upon changing hostname

Phobos_Gekko

New Pleskian
Upon changing my server's hostname and then restarting the server (via Plesk and not the host's VPS control panel), all the services start up okay including Apache and Plesk itself, I then get the following errors present in the screenshots attached when visiting the relevant domains. It's a different error for each domain and I have no idea why. Restarting Apache does not fix this nor does restarting the server once more so instead, I have to restore a full-disk backup from a previous point in time in order to get things accessible and working again.

Originally, the hostname was mail.writtenvanity.com which is for a domain name that no longer exists on my Plesk control panel. Instead, it should be mail.ncurses.io which DOES exist on my control panel as an account. I'd greatly appreciate any insight into this, thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-04-27 02.24.01.png
    Screenshot 2016-04-27 02.24.01.png
    173 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2016-04-27 02.24.08.png
    Screenshot 2016-04-27 02.24.08.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 14
As far as I see these sites are accessible now. Have you fixed initial issue?

IgorG, I have decided to move on from Plesk because of this and other issues, so the problem no longer applies to me.

Back