• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What caching and how

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I am using Plesk Onyx on a CentOs7 more or less out of the box. Most of my subscriptions run regular wordpress websites and I configured them to use FPM-nginx (on php7), which I am quite happy with. I also enabled gzip compression.
In the context of further improving speed and server resource management I am looking at caching systems such as Redis or Memcached.
What's the general advice here, does it make sense to install any of those or FPM&nginx do without them?
If so, where can I find installation and configuration instructions, please?

Regards,
Franco

If your offering shared hosting then Redis can help but not by much anymore (forget Memcached).

PHP 7's OpCache is absolutely amazing and can be turned on (should be on by default) in Plesk. Nothing to tweak or play around with -- it's just on and works great. Speed is unmatched and pair it with MariaDB for your Wordpress database (turn off any WP Caches which will slow your sites down) and stick with server side caching like OpCache and you'll love your WP sites.

Hi themew,
thanks for your suggestions; I checked and opcache is already there and enabled, thus I guess I am quite adequately setup already and no need to worry further about optimizing.
Regards

Hi Franco,
if you're using shared hosting, im not sure about it, but if you using own server with ssd of course cloud system im recommend it, also caching on php script much better that plesk control panel save time also more breath to server, i using similar website like yours wordpress extesions u will find right solutions as well just search it, backup all times as well good luck

also check this as well

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/nginx-browser-caching-for-static-resources.334497/

Back