• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs What happens after an update when you add a new service to the watchdog extension?

Maarten.

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

What happens after an update when you add a new service to the watchdog extension?

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

AlmaLinux 8.6
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46 Update #1
Watchdog Version 2.0-11

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I've written an article on how to add a new service to the watchdog extension.

I would like to know if this will survive an update of Plesk or the watchdog extension itself.

I also would like to know how to add a new service to the services list: Tools & Settings -> Services Management
That way, you can restart or start the new service manually via the GUI.

By the way: I've added the new service this way because I couldn't install monit, it conflicts with psa-watchdog:
Resolved - Is there a way to monitor additional services with psa-watchdog?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

not applicable

ACTUAL RESULT

not applicable

EXPECTED RESULT

not applicable

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Answer the question

From the developer:

In general, the configuration is not going to be rewritten on updates. However, if there are any changes in the Watchdog configuration, the file might be replaced with the default one.

Regarding the ability to add services from Plesk itself, I would say that this is a feature request that is likely to be addressed here: Add functionality for Watchdog to monitor extension services

Back