• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When is spamtrain executed?

Flachzange

Basic Pleskian
Hi Igor and rest.

Latest Plesk Version uses spamtrain tool to train spam messages being stored in spam folders. Unfortunately this tool is documented less and without modifications you don't even know whether it is working not (no log output). Now I am wondering when (respectively where) spamtrain is called. I assumed it is some cron job, but I couldn't find anything in the usual cron folders cron.* and crontab.

I know that is called in the middle of the night but that's all.

Thanks for your help!

Christoph

I am also trying to find if and/or when its run.

And like many (based on what I see in the forums), would like to see SPAMTRAIN delete the emails from the SPAM folder once it has kearnt from them.

I believe spamtrain is executed in this way -

You'll have a file at /etc/crontab that has something like this -

# run-parts
01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

As you can see, it calls the /etc/cron.daily/ folder each day, which contains this file - /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

That executes /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

That script executes most (if not all) of the other php scripts in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/

In particular, I believe it executes /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/execute-spamtrain.php

Which then executes /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/spamtrain

The other scripts it calls are related to things like hosting space stats, data transfer stats, awstats stats, webalizer stats, etc... (spam training gets called AFTER each of these things I've just mentioned).

Back