• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are Databases in Plesk Backup?

DaveReeder

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've run a backup in Plesk 9.3 on my Windows server.
I run some PHP sites with MySQL databases, are these automatically backed up when I go to Backup Manager > Backup in Plesk?

I can find all the domains, clients, website files from vhosts and mail settings etc, but I can't find the DB's once the backup has finished?
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Dave

To back up the server configuration settings and all user data you have on your hosting machine:

On your Home page, click Backup Manager (in the Server group).
Click Back Up.
Specify the following:
Backup file name prefix and description. You cannot specify an arbitrary file name, however, you can set the control panel to add a prefix to backup file names. Note that the control panel automatically adds the date and time of backup file creation (in Universal Time) to backup file names.
Splitting of the backup file. To create a multivolume backup, select the respective check box and specify volume size in megabytes.
Location where to store the backup file. Select the repository where you would like to store the backup file.
E-mail notification on backup completion. If you want to be notified of the backup completion, type your e-mail address.
What data to back up. You can back up only the server settings, or server settings and all user data.
Click Back Up. The backup process will start and the progress will be shown under the Current Back Up Tasks tab. You can use the Refresh button to update the information on the screen.
When backing up is finished, the backup file will be saved to the repository you selected.

Hi Igor

I have done that and all seems to have worked, how can I test for sure if the databases are backed up too?

Thanks

Dave

Just try to restore backup and check that databases are ok.

Back