• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are "group operations" and "check Check permission" function?Was removed?

F

FrancoC

Hi!

I'm proud to switch a server form an old Plesk 7.5.x for windows to the version 10.x

Someone here know where is, in plesk 10.x, the function "group operations" function that is present in plesk 7.5?

Is very useful, and I'm astonished that in version 10.x was removed!

If a wand to change settings (ie. space) web folders form multiple (hundred) domain, form me is unacceptable to make it manually for every subscription/domain!

Also, i don't find the very useful function "check permissions" for reset the permission of directory and files of a domain at value present in the plesk db.

Thanks

Yes, I would like to see that too... We have just migrated from Plesk 8.6 to version 10.1, and the interface is confusing... I have been trying to find this in help, but to no avail. There MUST be some group operations hidden somewhere, it's impossible to have hosting panel without ability to change things by mass order. But where is it? Currently, I am stuck with mass IP address change, as the Reconfigurator throws and exception, and the "easy" way of group IP change through Plesk is not so easy, as it seems... :) Can anyone help, please? :)

I read they are gone

Group operations are gone.

The introduction of subscriptions and removal of features used daily is keeping us from upgrading beyond Plesk 9. Now that is discontinued...

If these issues are not addressed in the next version we will me migrating 15 servers away from Plesk.

Credit the designer of the new Plesk GUI and features...

Wow --- must have been the same pro who designed the forum registration with hoop after hoop after hoop...

Unfortunately, we cannot wait for the next version for an old faithful feature to be added - after no matter how many people complain! New users of Plesk will never know of this useful feature either!

The genius new design of the GUI makes using Plesk very difficult and time consuming!

When we first upgraded we had several tech support tickets opened at the data center asking "how to" for basic operations of any hosting service -- sadly, even the data center's techs were baffled so we were left to figure most things out on our own!

Group operations was a great feature! How to allow php scripts to display errors was a big challenge - given that number of customer's domains that use php that suddenly went "dark" (actually white, if display errors defaults to "off" and is not set correctly the result is a blank browser page...).

Another one that past users will notice is what happened to the very easy to setup and manage Mail Groups. Now it's something like the ancient days of mail lists where there's a "list master" and you communicate to the list with "subject line commands", and on and on...

Sad. Hey, say hello to cPanel !!! The only light at the end of our tunnel - will take us about a day to move from our Plesk server at (name withheld, it's not their fault!) to another host that we already use that has cPanel set and ready to EASILYT use.

Thanks genious Parallels tech team for ruining an already not-ready-for-Prime-Time product!

*** I really like the post a few up from this where the Parellels tech gives the poster a complicated MySQL query to resolve an issue. Typing that wrong by just one character and pop goes the domains! Not very responsible...

Bye bye now!

Back