• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are the backup logs?

scrupul0us

New Pleskian
Where about's can I find the logs for scheduled backups to a personal FTP repo?

No matter what we do, these ALWAYS fail, but, seemingly, always create a TON of stuff ON THE SERVER.

There's no apparent way to access the logs... Clicking on the task throws "Error: Unknown object type "

Now, if I manually run a backup the repo, it works, with warnings, but, again, how do I see what the warnings are? Why are all the debug/logs hidden in the most inconvenient places?

If you are going to have your user base be your beta-test guinea-pigs the least you could do is give us easy and intuitive access to the logs =)

thank you... So every automated backup fails with:

Curl error: failed FTP upload (the STOR command)

regardless of passive or not... the user CAN upload/write as manual backups work fine

I've seen that KB article, but why would manual FTP backups work with warnings, but scheduled FTP backups fail?

Wouldn't both processes use the same services?

Re: Curl error: failed FTP upload

Igor,

Could there be an issue with pmm-ras.exe in Plesk 10.0.1 ?

cd C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>
>pmm-ras --get-ftp-dump-list --use-ftp-passive-mode --no-default-mask "--dump-storage=ftp://[email protected]//FTPDIR/" "--session-path=C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\logs"

Please advise.

Last edited:
Since Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now,

backup, restore and transfer operations has improved. The log files of these operations are now stored in more convenient and clear way.

One can download Plesk 11.5 for evaluation, but it is not for production servers.
The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread

I have sorted out this and my all clients backups are saved on my remote bag server.
Current server at NJ >>> UK DC
All backups are >>> remote location.

Back