• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Where are the Domain Connect Settings?

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Where are the Domain Connect settings?

My Provider is 1and1 - Ionos, a DNS Provider for Domain Connect.
I've installed the extension and I read this page.
Configuring DNS via Domain Connect

but I see nothing that activates the connection of my domain with the provider.

Last edited:
Hi CobraArbok,

There are no settings for DomainConnect extension. If you install the DomainConnect extension, it is active. When you have added some domain that supports DomainConnect, you can see a notification that the domain can be configured through DomainConnect protocol.

DomainConnect.png

If you close the notification, you can find it in "DNS Settings" for that domain.

---

A little bit of technical information. Another important question is how to understand that the domain supports DomainConnect? It should contain special TXT-record "_domainconnect". This record helps to find all required information about a domain. If you don't have such record for your domain (e.g.: it is a very old domain or you deleted this record, or you change DNS hosting from domain registrar to some another server(s)), Plesk can't find all the required information and you will not see any notification.

Code:
# dig +short @8.8.8.8 _domainconnect.example.org TXT
"domainconnect.plesk.com/host/plesk.example.org/port/8443"

I created three subscriptions, and then in the three corresponding domains I didn't find the notification, nor do I find it in Domain Settings.
The TXT record is there.
DomainConnect.jpg

Maybe I confused the situation a bit, let me clarify it.

The protocol involves two parties. DNS Providers who run DNS for a domain, and Service Providers who provide the services and applications attached to domains. (c) https://www.domainconnect.org. Looks like you try to configure Plesk as a Service Provider; Plesk provides a web service.

The DomainConnect extension can work as DNS Provider and as a Service Provider. When you want to configure some domain to point to Plesk, Plesk works as a Service Provider. Plesk uses TXT record from DNS Provider to find the exact URL (entrypoint) to configure other required DNS-records. In this case, need to be sure that the TXT record exists in your DNS Provider / Registrar; the TXT-record in Plesk can be ignored because Plesk don't DNS Provider here.

And another case, when you Plesk is DNS Provider for domain(s). In this case, NS records in Registrar should point to Plesk. Then Plesk is DNS Provider and TXT-record should exist and point to Plesk. In the middle of the TXT record, you can find a hostname, it should be valid and resolvable for servers on the Internet.

Hi CobraArbok,

There are no settings for DomainConnect extension. If you install the DomainConnect extension, it is active. When you have added some domain that supports DomainConnect, you can see a notification that the domain can be configured through DomainConnect protocol.

View attachment 15562

If you close the notification, you can find it in "DNS Settings" for that domain.

---

A little bit of technical information. Another important question is how to understand that the domain supports DomainConnect? It should contain special TXT-record "_domainconnect". This record helps to find all required information about a domain. If you don't have such record for your domain (e.g.: it is a very old domain or you deleted this record, or you change DNS hosting from domain registrar to some another server(s)), Plesk can't find all the required information and you will not see any notification.

Code:
# dig +short @8.8.8.8 _domainconnect.example.org TXT
"domainconnect.plesk.com/host/plesk.example.org/port/8443"
I closed the connect notification and now I no longer see it anywhere. How can I re-activate it for a domain?

Hi Pagemakers,

If it is applicable for the domain, it persistently is shown in "DNS Settings" for that domain.

The notification was there last night and then I closed the message and it is no longer available today. Not even in DNS settings.

Back