• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are the passwords for the mailaccounts stored? (Postfix)

Thomas Becker

Basic Pleskian
Plesk and mail filtering using Horde (ingo)

Hello,
im trying to run an auth-script for pureftp. Thats necessary to make Horde (ingo) able to write an file (procmailrc) to the mailusers homedirectory (/var/qmail/mailnames/domain/user/).

On Plesk-Systems with Qmail the passwords supposed to be stored in an MySQL Table called "mail".
I can't find the place were the password is stored on my Plesk-System with Postfix.

Where are the passwords for the mailaccounts stored?

My System:
CentOS 5
Plesk 9.2.2
Postfix

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hello,

The passwords are stored at the accounts table and can be found at the following way:

> select mail_name,password from mail inner join accounts on accounts.id=mail.account_id where mail_name='nat';

+-----------+----------+
| mail_name | password |
+-----------+----------+
| nat | 123qwe |
+-----------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thank you

Plesk and mail filtering using Horde (ingo)

Just seen that I never posted my solution. Shame on me. Long time ago but maybe it is useful for someone.

1. Edit .qmail in user's mail dir as follows.
.qmail is located here /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/user/
# use procmail
| /usr/bin/procmail -m -t ./.procmailrc

# this line is here by default
| true

# comment this out because mails will be delivered twice if not
#| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir

2. Create file named .procmailrc in user’s mail dir
/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/user/

3. Then follow this article:
http://www.natecarlson.com/2009/01/07/using-procmail-with-plesk-rules-via-ingo/
Also have a look at the comments.

Its working with CentOS 5 and Postfix (Plesk 9). The only problem is, when you update Postfix the .qmail will be overwritten.

To automatically bring this feature to newly created mail accounts see also:
http://www.natecarlson.com/2009/01/06/using-procmail-with-plesk/
To make this script work the correct way see the comment on this site with "<OLDQMAILCFG>". There was a problem with the CMS (Wordpress) which cuts of a part of the posted script code. I'm not sure if the author has fixed it in the posted code.

Last edited:
For those who still use it, Password Revealer now will work with encrypted passwords - PLESK 11+ (Power Toys)

Back