• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

which coldfusion to buy?

F

fatnetwork

Hello,

I am considering purchasing coldfusion for installation on our windows/plesk 7.5 server.

Can someone tell me (from experience) if I need the standard or enterprise version?

Also, are there any places that "lease" the license? $5,999 for the enterprise version seems a bit steep.

-Rick

The Enterprise Edition of ColdFusion supports Sandbox Security, which allows for the creation of directory specific permissions. With Enterpise, you can freely enable ColdFusion tags such as CFDIRECTORY and CFFILE without giving access to the entire file structure. If you are going to be running a ColdFusion hosting business on a server with virtual domains, you with either need Enterprise, or you will seriously be limiting a ColdFusion developer. With the Standard Edition, you have to disable tags globally.

If you do buy Enterprise, you should sell ColdFusion as a specific service. Don't bog down a Plesk server running CF Enterprise with accounts not using (or paying for) CF. ColdFusion has a tendency to be very demanding of your CPU and memory, so don't waste resources on non-paying customers.

Just some friendly advice! :)

Back