• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Which factors determine the maximumconcurrent users in Plesk?

Ayki

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 9.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
I am trying to find out upper limits of my Plesk server. The sytem specs are as below:

Product:plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.61
Server -32 cores/64 threads / 256 GB DDR4/NVme
--------
I am trying to configure nginx/apache/mariadb for maximum performance.
However under load testing The site displays nginx 502 errors such:
( jmeter 2x5K user login test over a 600 rump up time) or If the rump up time reduced with less users.

# peer closed connection in SSL handshake (104: Connection reset by peer) while SSL handshaking to upstream
# connect() failed (110: Connection timed out) while connecting to upstream.

Is there a way of increasing the concurency so that Plesk can handle more users as there are plenty of idele resources on the server CPU and RAM?

Many Thanks

I found the information in the blog post below very useful in troubleshooting the issue regarding nginx error.

Furthermore below article provided more guidance on how fast cgi can be limiting the concurrent connections. I was under the impression if apache FPM is deployed fastCgi is redunadant but may be this is not true.

Once the new directives are added and services restarted the error seem to have disappeared.

The 10 K jmeter test fully sucessful with no abondant connections - The server response time appers to have slowed down when there are excessive number of site traffic. The number of hits are nearly 50K per minute at peak
1718117296123.png
Just to makes sure the hit count is accurate cross referenced this with site logs. The data is consistent and shows around 40K transactions per minute at peak as per jmeter test instructions.

Reactions: mow
Back