• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question which Nginx setting in Plesk which mod_pagespeed?

kobby

New Pleskian
Hello,
What is the correct setting in PLESK in a domain at "Apache & nginx Settings"?
- Proxy mode: on or off? I think on.
- Smart static files processing: on or off? I am not sure.
- Serve static files directly by nginx: on or off? I am not sure.
I like to use the Apache pagespeed module and Ngnix.

- Proxy mode: on or off? I think on.
Correct.
- Smart static files processing: on or off? I am not sure.
- Serve static files directly by nginx: on or off? I am not sure.
Static files should be processed by Apache to get the best out of this module. Please deactivate the option "Apache &nginx Settings" > "nginx settings" > "Smart static files processing" for all used domains.

Hello IgorG,

I have tested it, but it does not work, because I get 404 errors on some files, which use a rewrite rule in Wordpress.
I used this setting:

- Proxy mode: on or off? ON
- Smart static files processing: on or off? OFF
- Serve static files directly by nginx: on or off? OFF
- Nginx caching: OFF

I can only solve the problem with the 404 errors if I use:

- Proxy mode: on or off? ON
- Smart static files processing: on or off? OFF
- Serve static files directly by nginx: on or off? ON
- Nginx caching: OFF

But normally pagespeed would not work correct with this settings, but I can see many files where is "pagespeed" as text include.
To restart nginx, httpd and to reboot did not help.

Regards

Back