• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why does "Installed Applications" show up on every domain of a Customer?

svedish

New Pleskian
Hi,

There is something pretty counter intuitive I've been scratching my head about without finding a real answer other than this is perhaps the (bad) way Plesk is designed? I hope someone out there will be able to shed some light and apologies if the question is pretty basic, I just got started with this control panel.

I'm testing out this new VPS with Plesk and I haven't moved over anything from old server yet. To start with, I wanted to replicate the structure that I have on my current server where I have several websites under my user since I manage them directly.
So, to do that in Plesk, I've created one Customer with my name and assigned three test domains to it. So far so good. I then opened one of the domains in the Control Panel and noticed that I could switch between all three using the drop down at the top of the screen. Good stuff! Lastly I installed WordPress on one of the domains (mind you, one only). Tested it, all fine.

The strange thing I noticed though is that, although all the information across the Control Panel is unique for each domain, I can see Installed Applications (and Wordpress Instance) on the home page of ALL three domains. Is this normal or is it a bug? In other words on the home page of the domain where I've installed WP I can see the "Manage Installed Applications" and "Install Applications" links, and of course the Installed Applications section right below that. On the home pages of the domains where I have NO installation of WP I can see "There are no installed applications" text, together with the "Install Applications" link at the top and STILL see the Installed Applications section underneath.

No apps installed VS Installed Applications...??? Scratch scratch :(

I attached a screen grab to make this even clearer.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Attachments

• FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg
    FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 12
Yeah I got the same issue.
I lodged a ticket to Plesk and one of the guys fixed it by reinstating the application folder.

Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\

But it seems after a while it becomes corrupt again.

I don't know if this is a file check and Plesk Updater just keeps overriding it or something else.

Back