• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why does Plesk have to constantly try to upsell you?

SonilGomes

New Pleskian
I love using Plesk, but I hate how after I give it nearly £50 a month for the software (which is a bit overpriced then, imo), it still tries to upsell me with stupid stuff I don't need, like how the only way to get the maximum score through the security advisor is pay for a piece of software. I've kind of gone off Plesk now for that sole reason 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2019

Last edited:
Sorry, but you are offered a choice whether to install this additional software or not. If this software, suggested by Advisor, had already been installed (and this is the only way to close the problem, there is no other way), then Plesk would cost more.
So you have a choice. No one forces you to get the highest Advisor score.

Moreover, you can hide these Advisor recommendations they won’t bother you. But for some reason, you do not do this and continue to be annoyed by them.

It seems that customers have doubts about the methodology that was used to come up with some of the recommendations.

Perhaps a blog about how this was decided would help? A comparison with free and open source alternatives to paid recommendations, an explanation why the score is calculated as it is...

Back