• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why is Parallels making $$ of MY hosting?

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
I need to understand something.
I've had this panel since the 2.x versions if not earlier. I've watched it change, for the better for the most part, but there is one thing I'm not quite understanding.

I pay yearly fees to maintain the software yet parallels seems to have ads all over my host, telling MY customers about their products (resellers and not) but I don't get a dime for that. Why is this happening and am I the only one that is bothered by this?

Finally, is there any way of turning this nonsense off. I have not come across any means of doing so and sure would like to.

But why not ASK users if they want your ads all over their sites using simple click on or off options. I'm sure some people don't care but personally, I'm sick and tired of paying for software where the author finds a way to not only make money from the software but free advertising from my resources as well.

Your offer to have me code to get rid of your ads makes no sense. I am not a programmer, I buy this software because I don't want to program otherwise would probably have built my own long ago.

I suggest that you turn your advertising on users sites into an option which allows customers to turn this on or off as an option without any penalty.

Last edited:
Back