• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wildcard email-adress collecting ALL incoming mails

M

MoritzH

Hi Community & Support,

I've got the following Problem with a new customer using exchange in combination with my Plesk-Server:

Person A sends a mail to '[email protected]', Person B to '[email protected]'. In Plesk, I want one mail-account '*@company.com' collecting all incoming emails of the 'company.com' domain. So the company's exchange only needs to check *@company.com all 5 minutes, and using this nice 'auto-sort' function it magically identifies the emails' original recipients (rfoo & dblah) and sends the mails, sorted this way, to their respective intern recipient accounts, so rfoo gets Person A's mail, and dblah Person B's mail.

My Problem is: How can i create such a wildcard email-Account in Plesk for one domain? I tried '*@company.com' but Plesk rejects it as an invalid account name. Is there any other possibility to say Plesk it should store ALL incoming emails, no matter what stands before the '@company.com', in one account, so exchange only has to check one account and sorts the mails itself?

Thank you very much,
Moritz Hofmann

Maybe you can try to create redirect from all mailboxes to the one you wish to check?

It can be done fast enough with CLI utils like "mail"
# /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help

hello maa,

Do you mean that I should create all needed Mail Accounts in Plesk as Aliases for one Mail account '[email protected]' which will then be checked by Exchange?

Thanks in advance,
moritz hofmann

You can create a single mail account, say [email protected], which will receive all mail messages forwarded from [email protected] and [email protected]. And then go to each mail account forwarding settings (for example Domains --> Company.com --> Mail --> Mail Accounts --> [email protected] --> Redirect) and specify [email protected] as redirect address. Same procedure is necessary for [email protected]. After that all mail sent to [email protected] and [email protected] will be redirected to [email protected].

Hi Yeolegood,

I realized this concept with e-Mail aliases, a much easier way in my opinion, because I don't need the full password-protected accounts on my server.
Does this work like the redirect-solution?

Thanks in advance,
Moritz Hofmann

Back