• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Will deferred received emails be delivered to mailbox after problem solved?

kdrk1977

New Pleskian
Hello forum,

My customer migrated server from 11.5 to 12.5, which both are on CentOS6, then when he
built new server he chose dovecot even he was using courier on old server, this caused
problem below:

Nov 17 03:46:35 SERVERNAME postfix/pipe[37121]: 99E98860762: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=34164, delays=34164/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time )

this problem happened between 16th 6PM to 18th 8PM, according to maillog Postfix was kept try to deliver
received mails to mailbox but failed during those time.

this solved by installing courier and disabling dovecot at 18th 8PM.

After the problem solved, did Postfix delivered all delivery failed mails to mailbox?
I found that postfix "bounce_queue_lifetime" setting is 5days as default, and problem remained almost
2days so I assuming those failed mails delivered after solution, am I correct?

I'm asking because the customer not responding after installing courier, not telling me if he received
mails or not, also I'd like to know how postfix works at such situation for later support.

Thank you for being patient to my english and your help.

Back