• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows 2008 - Plesk 9.0.1 + Coldfusion

S

Silence

Hi There,

My PLESK has support to have Coldfusion, i need to install it, can you tell me how can i do that?

The last time i install it, it give me same several problems, if you have same manual do install, please can you give me?

Thanks.

Hi, did you get this to work? I'm having the same problem. I should also mention that I'm very new to Plesk all together but it looks like a great tool to use.

I'm trying to install it on my server with the following specs:

- Windows Web Server 2008 x64
- Plesk 9.0.1
- ColdFusion 8 x86

I tried following the instructions from here:

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.0-win-advanced-administration-guide/index.htm?fileName=51557.htm

But it's not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same setup Server 2008 x64 with Coldfusion 8. IIS was configured for 32bit mode before any installs were done. Plesk 9 does not recognize that coldfusion is installed. License supports Coldfusion. Problems that I was able to deal with are as follows. Installed Coldfusion first and finished configuration with adminstrator pages(all working fine). Had to specify IIS web site(default) and connector was installed. Installed Plesk and then Coldfusion on longer works. I assume this was because Plesk changed the default web site's virtual directory path. Moved Coldfusion files from c:\inetput\wwwroot to C:\inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs\CFIDE. Fixed permissions with the Plesk reconfigurator.

Now the coldfusion administrator and all featues of Coldfusion works, but alas Plesk doesn't know it is installed. Yes, I did follow the guide for installing and integrating new application into plesk. After refreshing components, still no ColdFusion. If there is anyone with more knowledge about this problem and the solution, please reply. I have gotten the impression that Plesk support is not very forthcoming with knowledge in these forums. I can see posts that are never answered and many that are extremly old without ever a resolution. It is sad.

It makes no sense to leave old useless unanswered information in these forums. It serves no purpose and makes it more time consuming to find anything useful in here. (Personal Opinion)

I agree with you private user. I've posted on here way back on March 16th and still no answer to my question? Thanks for posting your findings but I'm afraid I've abondonded CF8 all together. It was using up too much RAM and I've since switched to Railo which is CF8 compatible, is a lot faster, and uses less RAM to run. Plesk still can't see Railo but I can manually configure it to run with my Tomcat for my CF clients. I hope this thread gets a response from one of the Plesk people but I'm not holding my breath.

More Findings on Server 2008 x64 with Cold Fusion 8 and Plesk 9

So, I am back after a break and wanted to report my findings.

This information assumes you know to point the Adobe CDIE folder path to C:\inetpub\vhosts\default\htdocs\CFIDE for configuring Cold Fusion with all sites. So with that said:

Plesk 9 is incompatible with Coldfusion 8 x64.

You must install Coldfusion 8 x86 which is incompatible with IIS on Server 2008 x64 until you additionaly install Coldfusion 8.1 updater from Adobe's site. Don't forget to use the Adobe Web Server Configuration Tool when you're done to configure the connector.

After a working install of ColdFusion x86 with the 8.1 update, you must login to Plesk Panel and go to Server Components. You have to click refesh for the registered applications packages to be updated. Restarting the server or services will not do this. YOU MUST CLICK REFRESH in the Server Components section of Plesk.

Please add to this information or make any corrections for others in need of help.

Back