• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wish: Please review the code of the migration manager

P

PhiWi

I had to downgrade to 8.6.0 because the migration manager is missing in 9.0.0

I wont complain to much here.. but the performance of the (perl based?) migration managers is really bad...
The transfer is so terribly slow!!
Cant be the CPU.. please update or rewrite the transfer module of the migration manager!

A scp connection transferred files with aprox. 400MBit, with the migration manager I only get 18MBit...

I agree, but it looks like they might be completely redeveloping the Migration Manger for Plesk 9. So I'll wait and see what happens.

I had to downgrade to 8.6.0 because the migration manager is missing in 9.0.0

I wont complain to much here.. but the performance of the (perl based?) migration managers is really bad...
The transfer is so terribly slow!!
Cant be the CPU.. please update or rewrite the transfer module of the migration manager!

A scp connection transferred files with aprox. 400MBit, with the migration manager I only get 18MBit...

Hello PhiWi,
Did you do the downgrade on a production server? How did you did it? I'd like to downgrade my VPS, but my provider said that there is not a simple way, if there is any (he doesn't know). I have 4 clients already added and don't want to loose any configuration or data.
Thanks in advance

Hi estefan,

No I did not downgrade a production server. I was evaluating 9.0 and realized that we need 8.6 because the migration manager is missing in 9.0. So I destroyed the whole virtual machine and started from scratch..
By the way I opened a ticket at parralels support, the answer was:

Unfortunately, Plesk does not support downgrade procedure; it can be only reinstalled (in this case Plesk data such as domains, client and so on will be lost).

Ooops, that's bad news for me :-(
Thank you very much for the info.

Back