• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

WordPress Config files all in Error on VPS

The 8th

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

WordPress Config files all in Error on VPS

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.63

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

All WordPress configuration files on Plesk VPS when open it has an error but the website is working

8CXvDpu.png

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

I checked the Plesk repair Kit, but i couldn't solve

ex0eoj1.png

ACTUAL RESULT

O62TiDD.png

EXPECTED RESULT

I believe this happened when I tried the Plesk repair kit
8CXvDpu.png

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Thank you for the report @The 8th. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue on a test environment and frankly this looks like a permission issue rather than a bug with Plesk itself.

1. To resolve the "There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock", please try applying the resolution from the following guide.
  2. Regarding the "The permissions on the /etc/domainkeys directory are incorrect" error additional details will be needed in order to potentially address the issue. Please run the following command via SSH and provide us with the full error message related to the incorrect permissions in /etc/domainkeys:
    plesk repair fs
  3. Regarding the errors for individual domain names they indicate that some files/directories have permissions that aren't necessarily secure. This can be on purpose, as some web applications use different permissions, and fixing them all could break the pages fully or in part. They should be checked one by you/your developer, and can be left as is if unsure.

Thank you for your response, i have attached a screenshot for the result of this command
  1. plesk repair fs
Screenshot 2024-09-17 192317.png

then I run this command :
  1. plesk repair fs -system -y
Screenshot 2024-09-17 192837.png

do you think the issue might be using Cloudflare or IPV6?Screenshot 2024-09-17 193030.png

Thank you for the report @The 8th. Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue on a test environment and frankly this looks like a permission issue rather than a bug with Plesk itself.

1. To resolve the "There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock", please try applying the resolution from the following guide.
  2. Regarding the "The permissions on the /etc/domainkeys directory are incorrect" error additional details will be needed in order to potentially address the issue. Please run the following command via SSH and provide us with the full error message related to the incorrect permissions in /etc/domainkeys:
  3. Regarding the errors for individual domain names they indicate that some files/directories have permissions that aren't necessarily secure. This can be on purpose, as some web applications use different permissions, and fixing them all could break the pages fully or in part. They should be checked one by you/your developer, and can be left as is if unsure.
thank you for your response, i have attached some results as you instructed.

No, I highly doubt that Cloudflare or the IPv6 configuration on the server have any relation to that issue. Judging by the screenshot it looks like the permission issue with /var/lock is fixed after running plesk repair fs -system -y. Do you still get the error?

No, I highly doubt that Cloudflare or the IPv6 configuration on the server have any relation to that issue. Judging by the screenshot it looks like the permission issue with /var/lock is fixed after running plesk repair fs -system -y. Do you still get the error?
the output result looks fixed as per the screenshot I attached but the issue is still not solved, all WP sites on VPS are still errors in the config file.

Any advice?

AS Expected something related to Cloudflare, I changed the SSL certificate that I got from CloudFlare and uploaded it to Plesk to let's encrypt and turn off the CF proxy for the main host and restart the Plesk server. It's working now, that is still a strange solution.

Back