• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question wordpress hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla Braddon

New Pleskian
hello there,
we have a website hosted by hostgator. we are facing slow loading issues and wanted to change our hosting from hostgator to any other good hosting company. Can someone suggest us the best hosting company to host our website or how is the Plesk one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Plesk isn't a hosting company. You'll need to buy/rent a server and install Plesk on.

You can buy/rent bare metal server and install Plesk on it, then you can host your WordPress on it. Also I think here is not right place to ask that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello there,
we have a website hosted by hostgator. we are facing slow loading issues and wanted to change our hosting from hostgator to any other good hosting company. Can someone suggest us the best hosting company to host our website or how is the Plesk one?
Hi Layla , How are you?
If you need hosting with wordpress support I can offer you my services.
I currently use plesk and I offer many extra tools that you can use in your site.
A great example is the use of Wordfence to avoid Wp-Admin hacks, among others.
Anything else feel free to contact me.

Greetings .

The thread is many months old. I'm also pretty sure blatant advertising isn't allowed.

I am using this for my websites, i am having 4 to 5 websites at a time
Hello. We're preparing to address the latest guidance from Google as it relates to the Core Web Vitals update coming in June (was March). Currently, our optimized company WP site does well with Google PageSpeed Insights, but we're hampered from doing really well because of the shortcomings of our host, WPEngine. In your experience, what would be the best option for high-performance WP hosting, if budget (within reason) wasn't a major concern?

High-End Virtual Private Server?: Would a higher-end dedicated VPS, optimized for WP, with local caching (from a plugin) be a solid option?

Mid-Range Virtual Private Server?: Or maybe a mid-tier WP-tuned VPS with a CDN such as Cloudflare?

AWS + CDN?: Perhaps an AWS install plus CDN?

Context: Our marketing strategy is 100% organic traffic. So while website traffic might be on the low side (200-300 visitors a day), performance is a top concern. I'm convinced that our CVW scores will be all-green, and sub-2.5-second LCP with the proper hosting solution.

Thanks.

Common misnomers:

- Fast hosting will get you great PSI/CVW scores
- That PSI actually matters (it doesn't. Google doesn't use your PSI to rank your site, rather CrUX data)

To answer your question directly:

If budget truly isn't a major concern, there are a lot of a "enterprise" WordPress companies (WP VIP for one) that have a full team to assist with literally everything from launch to patching to optimization. You'll pay a pretty penny for it though.

If either you have experience managing a Linux server, or have the budget to hire one, a VPS/Dedi is the best cost-to-performance value. You'd also want to evaluate if Cloudflare really adds value, because while it usually does, it doesn't always.

AWS is a total waste of money at your stage. Look elsewhere.

But frankly, WP Engine isn't too horrendous. Frontend optimization is key after caching.

Common misnomers:

- Fast hosting will get you great PSI/CVW scores
- That PSI actually matters (it doesn't. Google doesn't use your PSI to rank your site, rather CrUX data)

To answer your question directly:

If budget truly isn't a major concern, there are a lot of a "enterprise" WordPress companies (WP VIP for one) that have a full team to assist with literally everything from launch to patching to optimization. You'll pay a pretty penny for it though.

If either you have experience managing a Linux server, or have the budget to hire one, a VPS/Dedi is the best cost-to-performance value. You'd also want to evaluate if Cloudflare really adds value, because while it usually does, it doesn't always.

AWS is a total waste of money at your stage. Look elsewhere.

But frankly, WP Engine isn't too horrendous. Frontend optimization is key after caching.
then which one do you preffer?

then which one do you preffer?
My needs and preference will differ from yours, so my preference is irrelevant :)

Consider if you have the in-house expertise to maintain and optimize a server for high performance or the budget to properly outsource this.

Otherwise, a managed WP company might be the better option.

My needs and preference will differ from yours, so my preference is irrelevant :)

Consider if you have the in-house expertise to maintain and optimize a server for high performance or the budget to properly outsource this.

Otherwise, a managed WP company might be the better option.
I am a newbie type in this field. if you prefer me some best. it will be your pleasure for me.:)

Again, without knowing your specific needs and assets, I can't tell you which one is best, or which one is even a decent option.

If you are one person, and "newbie" in hosting, go with a managed host for anything important

I hope that no one will mark me as spam...

I would suggest you to use a cache plugin for WordPress or go with CDN.

May be you are facing such problem because of server location.

Let's say, Hostgator's server location is in the USA and your website is Australian then you will face loading time issue.

I would not suggest you which cache plugin or CDN company is the best for it as the plesk's team will mark me as spam. For this, you can read any of article on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back