• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WordPress Installations Scan finds 4 unidentified WP installations

Peter Downes

Basic Pleskian
Hello Community

The Plesk WordPress Installations Scan returns x4 installations with no details (ie. a name of '/httpdocs' but no URL, themes, plugin details etc.)

The does return x15 other installations correctly.

I can account for two of the installations as they are missing from the list of 15. Perhaps each is being duplicated?

Has anybody else fixed this problem?
Thanks

Hi Peter,

This generally indicates that WP installations are either very outdated (3.3 or earlier), or somehow broken. Is there anything specific about these installations?

Hi,
I encountered the same problem and I confirm that it concerns broken installation or outdated version of WP.
My only concern is that from the WordPress Toolkit end-user interface, there's no indication of the full path where the installation has been detected for such case. Therefore, it's required to search manually across the server to find out which installation is concerned. Would that be something interesting to add such information as the full path in a new version of the WP Toolkit?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm sure you are right. Broken installations or outdated version of WP would explain the issue - in some cases.

But I've checked this morning and a website that is 100% updated and appears to be functioning normally is not listed.
It was listed two days ago.

Perhaps it is to do with the security plugin or permissions on wp-config or the directory.
I'll keep an eye on it.

Back