• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

wordpress login error

PedroN

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

When I use the auto installer option of apps in plesk for example wordpress one, and I click on log in button in plesk, wordpress page throws me an error like if the credentials were wrong.

Thanks

Hi PedroN,

even that I have to state clear, that your issue is absolutely not related to any Plesk component, I will still try to help you here.

Your error:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'Invalid address: wordpress@' in /var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:946
Code:
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php(352): PHPMailer->setFrom('wordpress@', 'WordPress')
... leads to the fact that the code at "/var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php" on line 352 has to be corrected.

Line 352 of "pluggable.php":
Code:
    $phpmailer->setFrom( $from_email, $from_name );
... which is the result of line 315 and 331
Code:
        $from_name = 'WordPress';
Code:
        $from_email = 'wordpress@' . $sitename;

Investigation: "$sitename;" has not been requested correctly and the result is a false eMail - adress => "setFrom('wordpress@', 'WordPress')"

=> the domain-name is missing after the "@".

Suggested fix:
Comment out line 331 and add below:

BEFORE THE CHANGE:
Code:
        $from_email = '[email protected]';

AFTER THE CHANGE:
Code:
/**        $from_email = 'wordpress@' . $sitename;     **/
... where "YOUR-DOMAIN.COM" should be replaced with a fully qualified domain name ( FQDN ) on your server, able to send eMails.​

Important note:
This suggested fix is a temporary work - around. Wordpress itself will provide an update/upgrade in the near future, when they investigate themself, that the ". $sitename" is not being added correctly in Wordpress 4.6. Pls. consider to contact Wordpress itself if you have any questions to this issue.

Hi PedroN,

even that I have to state clear, that your issue is absolutely not related to any Plesk component, I will still try to help you here.

Your error:
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'Invalid address: wordpress@' in /var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:946
Code:
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php(352): PHPMailer->setFrom('wordpress@', 'WordPress')
... leads to the fact that the code at "/var/www/vhosts/mygamercloud.com/httpdocs/wp-includes/pluggable.php" on line 352 has to be corrected.

Line 352 of "pluggable.php":
Code:
    $phpmailer->setFrom( $from_email, $from_name );
... which is the result of line 315 and 331
Code:
        $from_name = 'WordPress';
Code:
        $from_email = 'wordpress@' . $sitename;

Investigation: "$sitename;" has not been requested correctly and the result is a false eMail - adress => "setFrom('wordpress@', 'WordPress')"

=> the domain-name is missing after the "@".

Suggested fix:
Comment out line 331 and add below:

BEFORE THE CHANGE:
Code:

AFTER THE CHANGE:
Code:
/**        $from_email = 'wordpress@' . $sitename;     **/
... where "YOUR-DOMAIN.COM" should be replaced with a fully qualified domain name ( FQDN ) on your server, able to send eMails.​

Important note:
This suggested fix is a temporary work - around. Wordpress itself will provide an update/upgrade in the near future, when they investigate themself, that the ". $sitename" is not being added correctly in Wordpress 4.6. Pls. consider to contact Wordpress itself if you have any questions to this issue.

Hello,

Thanks for telling my that the problem is because of wordpress. I will wait them to fix it because I can not touch globally in the installer the file /pluggable.php so that at the moment of downloading this file is why this fix.

Thank,
Pedro

When I use the auto installer option of apps in plesk for example wordpress one, and I click on log in button in plesk, wordpress page throws me an error like if the credentials were wrong.

This is not linked to the solution of a different issue that was explained above. You are saying that you do a fresh install from the app function of Plesk, and immediately afterwards the login to Wordpress fails, although the credentials were freshly set. Correct?

We have seen this behavior frequently at the beginning of 2016. This behavior was fixed with 12.5.30 update #29: "Users could not log in to WordPress using the “admin” user credentials, even if administrative access was granted to the user during installation. (PPPM-4349)". It should not occur if you have the latest update of Plesk installed. What is your current update version?

Hi Peter Debik,

pls. have a CLOSER look at my investigations. The issue/failure/problems occurs with wordpress versions "4.6". ;)

I did, and I also did some tests. Obviously the issue that once was resolved in #29 is back :-( I don't agree that this is not a Plesk issue, because it would be easy for Plesk to set a user name and password in wp_users table. Plesk is not doing that, and this can be considered a bug, because Plesk is relying on Wordpress delivering a user name and password, which it may not do. The phpmailer issue should be seen as a completely different issue. This is not related to not being able to login to Wordpress. It is only an issue that causes Plesk to be unable to retrieve the correct credentials. But if Plesk had set these credentials itself - and it could do so as it knows what the user wanted - the issue would be resolved.

Workaround for users:
1) Log in to the Plesk customer control panel
2) Click on the "Databases" tab and then "phpMyAdmin" of the newly created Wordpress database.
3) Open the wp_users table and edit the only dataset in it: Set the user name that you want to login with, enter a password as plain text and select "MD5" from the drop down box. Store the new settings.

Now you can login via /wp-login.php URL using the credentials you have set.

I think that this is a process that is missing from the Plesk app installation. Plesk does not set the data, but uses randomly set data which is incorrectly reflected to the Plesk panel after the app was installed. This causes users to be unable to login. If Plesk simply set the user data set itself using the credentials that the user had previously selected on the set-up screen, the issued would not occur.

This is not linked to the solution of a different issue that was explained above. You are saying that you do a fresh install from the app function of Plesk, and immediately afterwards the login to Wordpress fails, although the credentials were freshly set. Correct?

We have seen this behavior frequently at the beginning of 2016. This behavior was fixed with 12.5.30 update #29: "Users could not log in to WordPress using the “admin” user credentials, even if administrative access was granted to the user during installation. (PPPM-4349)". It should not occur if you have the latest update of Plesk installed. What is your current update version?
I was going to go into plesk to watch the version but now it gives me this error: http://prntscr.com/caplq9 I do not know why the only thing I changed the other day was the showing of the logs.

Thanks,
Pedro

Ok solved the error of plesk, now, my version is this one: 12.5.30 Actualización #44, última actualización 25/Ago/2016 19:29
And like UFHH01 it is one happening this only with the autoinstaller of the last version of wordpress, with the other ones all the installation is fine

Back