• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wordpress + Nginx -> connection timeouts / 503 error

milez-oh

New Pleskian
Hey guys,
I faced some heavy problems when I tried to switch my website to WordPress.

The server is hosting on Plesk and has 3 webspace roots (sub-domains).
Lets assume my domain is called example.com

The first webspace domain is hosting on cloud.example.com and contains my PHP software which usually works fine.

The second webspace is hosting on example.com and contains the software's website for payments & marketing.

And then we have the third webspace wp.example.com hosting the new wordpress site.

I installed with duplicator Wordpress on wp.example.com and configured it to work on example.com.

Then I switched example.com pointing on wp.example.com and reinstalled wordpress, so that the configurations are fine. The wordpress site worked perfectly as well as the software. But in the morning where I got the first traffic, all sites took ages to load. At the end you got just a 503 error or the site didnt even load.

I couldnt reach any site besides Plesk Panel.

The only relevant errors where in the nginx log

710748#0: *5271 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while SSL handshaking to upstream

Right now im really desperate because I dont know the exact reason for this behaviour. Also the error starts only when some
traffic is on the site.

Has anybody faced the same problems?
I dont know what information you need so I first explained my problem in general. If you have any questions for further information let me know!

Best regards

Back