• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress & Nginx

UweP

Regular Pleskian
My Wordpress keeps giving links to pages where nginx gives 404 not found. Do I have to set a special setting or something. Disabling smart static makes the pages work again. But then Nginx is useless right? Is there anything I need to do or is there anything usualyl happening automatically?

Thanks, Uwe.

Hm, the webmail also occassionally still puts a bad 502 gateway error in webmails and also on pages. I don't know where these 2 errors come from. can someone help me?

Btw, I promise I will stop with the questions then now, I've asked a lot int he recent days. ;D

hm i dont have any:
root@baby /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates # locate nginxWordpressIndexing.php
root@baby /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates #
on my system. cant do the fix.

there is extension called "htaccess to niginx" it convert apache htaccess rewrite rules to nginx rewrite rules automatically....you'll have issues with almost every script since most of them implement htaccess and web.config .....you'll have to convert rules every time you want use NGINX.With this extension it will be set on auto pilot.

ahg ok thank you i installed it but still the site doesnt work. do i have to do anything else?

ah nm that doesnt fix my problem really. it umm, gives a link to a converter ... but theres nothing in any box. i thought it ocnverts automatically.

I think it will turn out that ill remove nginx it only makes problems.

Well it should do it on autopilot.........mybe problem is because you install extension after you switch WP to NIGNX..try to switch back and than again select NGINX.

Forgot to tell you,if doesn't auto covert ,you can go to file menager....find .htaccess file,open it and copy content...than paste it in apache field and click convert....it will take you few minutes only

Last edited:
well I umm, still have to set Smart static files processing to off for all the domains because I don't want to use a 3rd party software. ;(

Back