• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress not found

User22123

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Dear support team, dear members of the forum!

I moved the wp-config.php one level above the httpdocs folder and the wp-content folder to a different name for security reasons and set this up correctly in the wp-config.php.

Unfortunately, the WordPress Toolkit does not find the installation.

So I tried to set it up "by hand", installed the plugin, connected.

Unfortunately, only half of the settings are displayed in Plesk after connecting and parts of the security check are missing.

What can I do to make it work properly?

Thanks for the support and your time

It is a known limitation, nowadays, WPTK can find WordPress installation if a folder:
  • contains wp-content folder;
  • contain wp-includes folder;
  • contain the wp-config.php file in the current or parent directory.
Any other file structure cannot be recognized as WordPress installation. This behavior will be improved later.

Hello Evgeny, thanks for the quick reply. If I install the plugin by hand, it recognizes it, but I don't have all the functions to check or set in the backend.

If I create an empty wp-content folder, the system recognizes WP.

If I delete it then it works...

Would that work?

Thanks for the support

Yep, common operations should work properly because WP installation has been registered.
But there are some security measures like "Forbid execution of PHP scripts..." and "Enable hotlink protection" stops working because they expect wp-content directory.
Also features like cloning, copy-data, smart-updates, and any other features that have to copy installation into another place cannot do that, in other words, become inoperable.

Hello Yevgeny, thank you very much for your time and answer.

Maybe there will be an update that will look for the right file instead of a folder so that it works. Otherwise I find the plugin really helpful and great.

Thanks for the support

WPTK team has a plan to improve this behavior to support any allowable WordPress file structure customization including changing the location of the wp-content folder.
Stay tuned for updates =)

You have to check and install all wp files like:
wp-content
wp-includes
In addition, it is also necessary to import the old database.

Back