• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress One-Click Installer (APS?) and database name

D

daniel_lima

Hi, everybody. How are you?

First of all I apologize for my my poor writing skills in English.

When using the 1-click WP installer, why can't I select the database name? Is this a Plesk issue or an APS (http://www.apsstandard.org/app/) issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Attachments

• plesk_wp_1_click_installer.jpg
    plesk_wp_1_click_installer.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
What is the main reason of this necessity? What is your business case?

The main reason is organization: being able to know which database belongs to each domain. Having databases named as wordpress_x, wordpress_y, wordpress_z is not helpful.

I have more than 10 WordPress instalattions (sometimes more than one per domain) and I will have more than 100.
I don't rely on Plesk Backup Tool. I perform daily incremental secured offline backup of MySQL databases.

It seems that previous versions of Plesk allowed database name selection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlNBTvFfCA

Is it doable? Can I, at least, change the database name somehow?

Thanks.

Hi, IgorG.

I don't rely on Plesk Backup Tool. I perform daily incremental encrypted offsite backups of MySQL databases. I have more than 10 WordPress instalattions on the same server (and I'll probably have more than 100 - sometimes more than one per domain). Database names like wordpress_x or wordpress_y aren't helpful when I'm trying to determine which database belong to each domain.

Is there any workaround to change the database name?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that previous versions of Plesk allowed to change the database name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlNBTvFfCA
CPanel 1-click installer also has this ability.

As a side note: I'm able to do it, but I don't want to manually install WordPress every time.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have discussed it with developers and they have not found real reasons why modifying of APS database name was restricted. Looks like it is bug. Therefore I would like to ask you fill this template http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=106113 with all necessary details and I will forward it to developers as feature/bug request/report.
Thank you.

Well. I just want to notice that we have already submitted bugreport regarding your question.I hope it will be fixed soon.

Hi IgorG.

I was filling the template. Is the following enough?

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallel Plesk Panel, 10.4.4_build1013111102.18, CentOS 5, i686

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Unable to change the database name when using Plesk Control Panel for installing WordPress (https://host:port/smb/app/market/id/marketplace)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Log in;
2. Click on "Domains";
3. Open any Domain in Control Panel;
4. Click on "Applications";
5. Click on "Install" (WordPress);
6. Accept the terms of License Agreement and click on "Next";
7. Click on "Show All Settings";
8. Try to change the Database name.

ACTUAL RESULT

Database name cannot be changed

EXPECTED RESULT

Hability of changing the database name

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Older versions of Plesk seem to allow this change. CPanel does allow.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Thanks for filing this bug for us all, but I have already used the 1-click install and have manually changed the wp-config to point to my new database name (one I restored from backup of my previous server), user, and password. Of course now if I go into Wordpress from Plesk not only does it have the wrong info, but worse it overwrites my wp-config file to point to the wrong database.

Has anyone figured out how to update Plesk to point the 1-click install to the right database name, db user, and password? I have searched the Plesk (psa) database and can't seem to find it. Is it stored there or in some config file somewhere that I can change?

Status change?

Greetings...

Brand new at Plesk and immediately ran into the same issue where I have to open the database and look at the db username (which I am allowed to name) in order to determine which site's Wordpress database I'm looking into. Is there yet a way to rename these databases? Thanks in advance.

No updates on this post yet? I really want to be able to fix the database and user names for the WordPress auto-installs. In addition to the other reasons above (keep things tidy, easier to back up the right databases, etc.) I also want to create a test environment that has its own WP code base, but points back to the production database. Then have a development environment that has its own database.

Hi, IgorG.

Any news on this issue?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Hi guys,

This feature was added to Plesk 11, just make sure to install all the latest microupdates. Let me know if you have other issues with application experience.

Back